Saturday, February 9, 2008

Ahhh....Saturdays

There is something to be said about Saturday mornings. This is my first Saturday in awhile where I can just breathe and be. Right now, the thermostat repair man is here replacing our thermostat because it has lost its ability to regulate temperature. The heat is either on full blast or not on. Not good because it came to my knwoledge last night that we received a $286.00 Electric bill...in Seattle! Unheard of...I flew off the handle, anger engulfed me, swearing and screaming and really feeling my anger for the first time. During my rage spell, I was very conscious of the feelings I was experiencing, the first time in a long time where I could put a finger on it, the feelings in my body, the thoughts in my head. I freaked out.

I slept in this morning until about 9AM and then awoke and curled back under the down comforter and just listened. I listened to the cars whizzing by on Highway 99 over the samp pavement. It rained last night and early this morning. I like it sometimes and sometimes it bugs me. I have never been one to look at the forecast, ever...no matter where I lived. In Colorado, I knew it was going to be cold and in Seattle I know its probably going to rain. I just go with it.

I am reading a great book right now, "This I Believe" published in association with NPR. Its great. Go buy it. I read a few pages this morning and got up and cleaned. My apartment was a bit funky and dirty which was a given...It felt good to clean, to start fresh and new for the week ahead. I hope it lasts :-)

No comments: