Saturday, April 26, 2008

Real Life Rebirth

In one word, the past two months...WOW! I know, it seems like I fell off the face of the earth for awhile and the only people who had contact with me were my parents, the boyfriend who has been the most understanding and compassionate individual I know, some wonderful women friends (Shout out to Kaitlin) and coworkers. Life has been an absolute whirlwind and all the experiences up until now range from amazing to awful :) I have struggled continuously with work-life balance issues and am really starting to carve my path in life. I look back over the past year and see what has happened and the experiences I have had. I am so fortunate to have challenging work that allows me to use my skills and my love of experiential education.

Through the past two months, I have come to the fine line of balancing the burnout and the sustainable lifestyle, it becomes unique when you teeter on the edge of both and it can become downright frustrating when you feel as though you are drowning and shouting and nobody can hear you. I absolutely hate living in terms of "If only I can get through this next week..." because I always like to exercise the idea of living in the present.

I am sincerely looking forward to a real break when I go back to Colorado in about 10 days to see friends and checkin with people who were my family for 4 years and continue to be long distance family even today :)

The time I have spent in this whirlwind called life, it has felt very similar to a mountaineering expedition I was on about two years ago when we encountered a day and a half of scree feilds...and yes, in one word, it sucked. Although it has been crazy and not so fun and very exhausting, I struggle to see the bigger picture, holding a higher view as to what this time on earth is really all about and how I "show up" in all my dealings, whether pleasant or unpleasant.

My biggest savior is friends and family support so thank you all who continue to be a part of my life. I value you all and I hope we can continue to share conversations about thsi thing called life. :)

No comments: