Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday: How Do You Wish To Sparkle?



It's so funny that this prompt came up today because at the start of 2011, my theme for the year was SPARKLE. I wanted to take on this idea of standing out and living powerfully in all areas of my life: love, work, money, friends, family, writing, health & wellness, and spirituality. I wanted to step it up a notch. 

Lately, I have been in a funk, working through some stuff, not feeling super healthy as a head cold took over my life for the past 4 days. When I get sick, I don't feel super sparkly. I have been on an emotional rollercoaster of sorts, dealing with where I stand in the world, asking myself, "What do I really want right now? What does my body really need right now?" I am 99.9% sure that this is what happens when spring peaks its head around the corner. The winter was rough-grey, dark, rainy. And now, I am feeling my vitality juice start to flow again in my veins as the sun hits my skin on walks outside. 

I wish to sparkle in having a renewed sense of bliss, power, and vitality in all areas of my life. I want to commit to a spiritual practice, get superfit, play more, laugh more, and spend more time doing the things that matter most to me. I wish for energy again, good health, and moments of pure relaxation and do nothingness. I want to be present in all areas of my life and choose intentionality over just getting things done. I want to sweat more, eat good food, and get dressed up for date night again. Embracing my feminine spirit while balancing the active, get dirty part of my self. Simply smiling more will add to my sparkle.

This is such a good reminder for me to move on from the grey, dark, rainy energy and move towards the sunny, vibrant, spring. I took on Sparkle as a theme for 2011 and there is no better time than right now. 

9 comments:

Ginny said...

Beautiful post. I think there are times when we need to relook and rethink our word of the year. Spring seems the perfect time to sparkle. As Jen wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.

Yvonne said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also. Sparkle! :)

artistaprilcole@gmail.com said...

Wonderful, inspiring post... thank you for sharing!
As you wish this for yourself, I wish this for you as well.

erinrichardson said...

Wow! As you wish for yourself, Jen, so do I wish for you as well.

Sandy VanNocker said...

Sparkle...a great word for the year! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

As Jen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Mare/TommyGirl said...

This is so great! As you wish for yourself, so I truly wish for you also!

Qtswede said...

As Jen wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.

I hear ya.. I've been in a funk myself. The flowers will help when they start to really pop up, I hope.

Stephanie said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well. :)