Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday: How Do You Wish To Be Brave?



I used to think being brave meant the ability to jump off cliffs into crystal clear lakes. I used to think being brave meant climbing really hard routes on sandstone, mountain biking in Moab on slick-rock, and rafting under a full moon. Fats forward 5 years and now the word brave has taken on an entirely new meaning. 

I wish to brave by...
 Telling the people in my life that I love them and send them good vibes each and every day.
Taking my writing & creativity seriously, not just something "I like to do once in awhile."
Setting healthy boundaries in my life.
Knowing that it is okay to say no and to say yes.
Telling myself it's okay to not have all the answers.
Putting myself first on my priorities list.
Aspiring to be the best I can be.
Living my life as if every day is my absolute last.
Engaging in small acts of love.
Sitting with uneasy feelings and letting them move through me rather than fighting them away.
Following my bliss.

I am reading "Living Your Yoga," by Judith Hansen Lasater and I finished the chapter on Faith. She says that Faith is the cousin of Courage. Faith is the "juice" that drives you in your pursuits when you may not know what the end result will look or feel like. This is being brave.

8 comments:

Ceanne said...

Fabulous wishes--I relate to so many of them!

As Jen wishes for herself, I truly wish for her as well!

Ginny said...

As Jen wishes for herself, I wish for her as well. I love your list. Each and everything on your list is so important.

artistaprilcole@gmail.com said...

What a great "wish list"
Thank you for sharing.
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

TrishaTrixie said...

As you wish for yourself I also wish for you1 Trisha Air Kisses to you MUAH!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful Post!
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well!

Sandy VanNocker said...

Love you list of wishes! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!!

Sherri said...

Thank you for sharing the explanation of Faith from the book you are reading. Your list of what bravery means to you is inspiring. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

Great wish. As Jen wishes for herslef, so I wish for her also.