Saturday, April 23, 2011

Phinney Love

Finally, it feels like spring in Seattle. I woke up this morning in this state of grace, balance, and pure love. I stared at The Man while he slept so peacefully under the duvet. His head resting so perfectly on the pillow with this left hand supporting underneath. I looked at him and silently smiled and thought to myself how much I love this man. How much this man has done for me. How much this man has taken care of me and put my soul back together after heartbreak. I thought about how he balances my irrational, easily distracted, moody self. I thought about how his number one priority when he is with me is making me happy, whether that entails taking me out for Thai, Pho, or burgers & shakes. He is my protector, my mentor, my coach. He makes me tea, makes me laugh, makes me read my books, makes me do my yoga & meditate, makes me take care of myself and for that I am ever grateful. He lets me fall asleep on the couch, he strokes my forehead as I vent about this, that, and the other. He has cute names for me: Monkey, Shrimp, Smurf and I love them all. I love how I fit in his arms in that special little nook where I can listen to his heartbeat and let the day melt away.

A year ago, this picture was taken of us. It is by far one of my top 10 favorite photos of us together. I am so happy and still am. Spring marks for us growth, abundance, blooming and more. What this has to do with is everything. Taking the moment to really appreciate what's so in life. I am so incredibly thankful for all I have. I am clear on what it means to be in partnership.


Four months ago, I moved into The Man's house on Phinney Avenue. I am finally feeling like I can call this "our home." Our tulips are blooming. Yummy meals are cooked in the kitchen. We listen to good music on the stellar sound system. We each need our "cave time" post work. We still have laundry to fold, dishes to do, and a dog to walk. Days go by and I admit, we go through the motions. It's easy to become comfortable, convenient, and just plain fine with everything. I am finding that it is so necessary to take the time to sit and love what the universe has provided. I am alive in the world because of the love that fills our home.

 

No comments: