Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday: What Do You Wish To Read?


For those of you who know me personally, I am a book whore. Ever since I learned to read, I become Ms. Book Zombie in bookstores, libraries, small boutique book shops, amazon.com, and basically any store that has a book section. I vividly remember a road trip with my family down to Pennsylvania shortly after getting a grasp on reading. I would read every sign-exit sign, street sign, restaurant, and on and on and on. Fast forward 20 years and I still read before I go to bed every night, even if I have been out late dancing, or if it was a tough week at work. Reading for me is my mini-vacation. 

Here's what I am currently reading and wish to finish:
The Joy Diet-Martha Beck
The Atlas of Love-Laurie Frankel (Seattle Author)
The Not So Big Life-Sarah Susanka (Part of Kimberly Wilson's online book club)
Living Your Yoga-Judith Lasater


Here's what's on the docket:
Teachings On Love-Thich Nhat Hanh
Writing Begins With the Breath-Laraine Herring
Listening Below the Noise: A Meditation on the Practice of Silence-Anne LeClaire
Living Artfully-Sarah Magsamen
Slow Is Beautiful-Cecile Andrews (Seattle Author)
Real Happiness-Sharon Salzberg

The thing about reading is that it is what grounds me. At the end of the day, when I turn off my blackberry, I put on sweatpants and make my sleepytime tea, there is nothing more self-loving that curling up with a book and enjoying your own company. 

14 comments:

Mare/TommyGirl said...

Wonderful. I love all the new books I'm discovering this week!

As you wish for yourself, so I truly wish for you also!

GlendaM said...

As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you as well!

Ceanne said...

A great list of books--oh oh I might have to add more to my on-line libary requests!

As you wish for yourself, I also wish for you!

artistaprilcole@gmail.com said...

Great wish... love the photo too!
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

erinrichardson said...

As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you as well.

Julie Jordan Scott said...

I call myself a book junkie. It works for writers: reading is an important part of our work.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

My reading wish!

Gayle said...

what a lovelie list! i could settle in with most of those myself ;)
tell me what an 'experiential educator' is, please because i have been saying lately i am an experiential learning's ;)

As you wish for yourself, so I truly wish for you also.<3 G!

Kim Switzer said...

Mmmm...reading this was like a deep, relaxing sigh and stretch right before settling in with my book. You really captured the place reading holds in my heart.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

mujerzen said...

A mini vacation, I love that!
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you too.

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

I too read before bed. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Her Speak said...

Even if I'm too tired to read, I like holding onto a book before I fall asleep. Such comfort in that. :)

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.~*

Much Joy,
Molly

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Cool new books to explore.
As Jen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Beverley Baird said...

Great lists of books!
As Jen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

Karen D said...

I am so with you on being a book whore, I am NEVER without one.
Great list, I am adding this one to mine: Teachings On Love-Thich Nhat Hanh.
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.