Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday: What Do You Wish To Focus On?

It's Wednesday! Wednesday means two things for me: one, I am halfway through the week and two, I get to post on Wishcasting Wednesday, hosted by Jamie Ridler @ Jamie Ridler Studios, which always makes me giddy. This week, Jamie Ridler asks: What Do You Wish To Focus On? 

Many times throughout the day, I silently tell myself, "Okay Jen. Time to focus." Lucky for me, I am one of those people who go both ways-I have lots of entrepreneurial energy with tons of great ideas and I am also able to sit down and work on a task for hours at a time. Now, don't get me wrong, my preference is to have a mix of both.  

Currently, I wish to focus on...
*Taking care of my physical body: eating better, getting more physical exercise, and sleeping regular hours
*Getting my morning routine back: walking the dog, yoga, and meditation
*"Turning off" on the weekends-no facebook, e-mail, or aimless surfing of the inter-web-net
*My financial health: creating a budget that works for me and a system that makes me empowered

These four areas are somewhat big yet totally attainable when I put them into existence and "just do it." I think we tend to talk and talk about having balance in our lives and I am coming to the realization that we will focus on what is important in the moment while letting some other areas fall to the back burner. In this constant paradox of short-term and long-term thinking, planning, and acting, we must remember to embrace the present and know that when things are ready for us to attack, we shall.

13 comments:

Ginny said...

Embracing the present makes all of the difference in my life. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

artistaprilcole@gmail.com said...

Such wonderful, wonderful wishes to focus on!
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well. :]

erinrichardson said...

So brave to tackle so many areas! As you wish for yourself Jen, so do I wish for you as well.

Melina said...

I'm totally with you, in particular on the 'morning routine' and also the budgeting stuff. I need to take control of my finances, in fact I've already started it and it feels damn empowering!!

I want to focus on organization. Or perhaps organization is a tool for focusing? Well either way. It's gotta start.

Lina

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Great list!
As Jen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Deborah Weber said...

Great wishes - and I love how you express the back and forth motion. Yes! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

Her Speak said...

This sounds like a beautiful plan. As Jen wishes for herself, so I joyfully wish also. :)

bertie said...

Dear Jen...what a wise post and I love the way you said, "When we are ready to attack, we shall." Brilliant. Timing is everything and sometimes we take on things before we are ready. Boy, do I relate to that. I also love how you put into perspective that as some things come to the forefront of our lives, other things step back...we don't have to change the whole of our world all at once! You really got me on this one...thanks for sharing and as you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also! Be blessed in your journey!

Mouse said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Sandy VanNocker said...

Embracing the present...yes! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

These are all very good wishes. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

TrishaTrixie said...

As you wish for yourself, I also wish for you