Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday: What Do You Wish To Know?

I have recently returned from my cousin's wedding in Erie, PA, where I got to witness pure love in its truest form. I smiled so much that my face muscles were hurting. Not only was it nice to get away and see family, but it was also nice to get away and gain perspective on the shifts that are happening in my own life. I will be the first to say that I don't know all the answers I have about where I am headed or what I am supposed to be doing. What better way to explore these types of questions than to write.


This question sends me into a state of perplexity. It also got me thinking about how my personality has evolved, especially in the past year or so. I used to be the type of person who needed to know everything, have a plan, reduce chaos and the unknown as much as possible. Now, I can sit in the unknown and be okay. The chaos can excite me. I do still enjoy a plan but I have come to be more flexible.  


So in thinking about what I wish to know, I came up with a few things...


I want to know how to move through life at a slower pace, enjoying the simple pleasures.
I want to know how to cook amazing food and bake delicious cookies.
I want to know how to be a writer.
I want to know how to love better.
I want to know how to have it all in the areas of work, life, love, family, and money.
I want to know how to be compassionate and kind even in the most stressful conditions.

I don't need to know everything. I only need to know myself well enough to be living life in a powerful way.


9 comments:

Glad Doggett said...

I believe knowing yourself, and loving that person, is the foundation of building a life of joy, passion, and love.

May you know yourself and love the unique being you are. May all your wishes come true.

artistaprilcole@gmail.com said...

Such great wishes... wow, love it!
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.
Take care always :]
oxox

mujerzen said...

beautiful. I like how chaos can excite you now :)

As you wish for yourself, I, too, wish for you.

erinrichardson said...

Excellent wishes : ) As you wish for yourself, Jen, so do I wish for you as well.

Camilla said...

Learn to know yourself, and the rest will follow :)

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

reikiflower said...

"... I only need to know myself well enough to be living life in a powerful way."

love <3 <3 <3

as you wish for yourself, i wish for you also :) Gayle!

Mandy said...

Awesome wishes! Just wonderful. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

Great wishes. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Wonderful wishes! As Jen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.