Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday: What Do You Wish To Take A Stand For?

It's Wednesday! Not only does that mean I get to go into work at noon, but it's Wishcasting Wednesday @ Jamie Ridler Studios. Today, Jamie asks: What do you wish to take a stand for?


Most recently, I started taking hot yoga again. Please don't ask me why I enjoy being in a 110 degree space, sweating like a pig, for up to 90 minutes. One thing that I do know is that it is stirring some stuff up in terms of my emotions, beliefs, and just plain junk. I have been on emotional edge the past couple days and venting about a lot of stuff that has been cooped up within. Feelings range from sadness, to anger, to anxiety, to plain ol' pissed off-ness. With that said, I wish to take a stand for my happiness and my self-care. 

I had a great phone conversation with my friend in Colorado last night after one of my emotional meltdowns which left my partner and I sitting at our computers on opposite sides of the house. She made a really great point: "When I notice myself getting really bitchy and naggy, I force myself to stop for a moment and think about how I have been taking care of myself. I have to remember I can't get all my emotional needs met from my fiancĂ©e." 

Huh. She was totally onto something. What she was saying hit the nail on th head for me. I am so grateful for a wonderful partner, but sometimes I do expect him to fill my every emotional need. Obviously, that is impossible. I need to take a stand for keeping my emotions in check and nurturing my emotional self, whether that be more journaling, writing, drawing, nature walks, meditation, or yoga. This is where my work is. Now, I just have to start. 

8 comments:

Camilla said...

Good luck on your journey.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

reikiflower said...

namaste dear one

as you wish i wish for you also <3 g!

artistaprilcole@gmail.com said...

As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well!
Love the photo... and stay focused on your journey.
Take care dear friend :]

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Brilliant... your emotions are there to ttransform you, not torture you!!

As you wish for yourself, I so wish for you also!


My Taking a Stand Wishcast

Keepapi Creative said...

Here's to your self-care!

As you wish for yourself, I wish it for you too.
Jacs x

Grace said...

Oh gosh...such an important wish. When we learn to take care of ourselves, it accomplishes SO much - including relieving the burden off of others for caring for us - which seems to free them up to Loving us in even more ways! :)

As you wish for yourself I wish for you as well.

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

As Jen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.