Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday: What Do You Wish To Begin?

Wow. It has been a whirlwind kind of month. May flew by with my birthday celebration mixed in, a new garden, lots of time with The Man, and planning/getting ready for summer camp, a very exciting time for staff and kids alike. Also, I just returned from my trip to Colorado where I got to see and be part of my best friend's wedding. It felt so good to be back in the mountains again. While on my trip, I finished the book by Gretchen Rubin, "The Happiness Project," and really enjoyed it. In Colorado, I got a lot of great "Jen Time," lots of walks, rocking on the deck while drinking some yummy morning coffee, yoga, walks, and thinking time. 
That's what happens when you travel alone.



So today, Jamie Ridler asks: What Do You Wish To Begin? which is an absolutely perfect prompt. 

I wish to begin...

...my morning yoga & meditation practice. To have consistency in my practice will allow me to get in touch with my spiritual self over and over again.

...working consistently on my finances and budget. My goal is to really find a system that works for me, that is sustainable and that induces joy and abundance rather than fear and lack.

...going to bed early and making time to read an journal. I also want to begin gratitude journaling, a point that Gretchen Rubin talks about in her book.

...experimenting in the kitchen more and planning meals for The Man and I so we are eating healthfully and local. Yummy!

...a volunteer project/opportunity of sorts. Whether that is in the area of mental health advocacy, a field I am super passionate about, or reading to kids on the weekends, I don't know. But what I do know is that I need to start giving back.

All in all, this is what I am working on and also, so much more. Here is to an amazing June!

15 comments:

Sarah said...

As Jen wishes for herself, I wish for her also!! May all these wonderful summer joys come to you!
Summer camp?? I adore teaching at camp!!! What will you be doing?
Namaste, Sarah

beejee23 said...

What you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

" M " said...

yeah you know what? I should have made yoga or some form of exercise one of my wishes too!

As you wish for yourself , I wish for you also!

artistaprilcole@gmail.com said...

Great wishes, great times ahead... love it!
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well. :]

Camilla said...

Those are wonderful wishes - I want to wish for them too!

To a wonderful June, and ever after.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Mare/TommyGirl said...

These are all great and I send nothing but successful vibes your way.

As you wish for yourself, so I truly wish for you also.

Mouse said...

What brilliant wishes .... I think I need to copy a few ;) .... as you wish for yourself, so I wish for you too.

Vanessa said...

As Jen wishes for herself, I wish for her also!!

My Courageous Life said...

As Jen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

lareveusedebijoux said...

As you wish for yourself so I wish for you.



Lots of Love
eclairee-creative

Sandy VanNocker said...

Lovely wishes. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!!

TrishaTrixie said...

As you wish for yourself, I also wish for you. My all your wonderful wishes, on this great day come true!

If you would like to check out either of my blogs here they are

http://www.adgb.blogspot.com/
http://art-a-day-keeps-the-crazies-away.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

BARF!

Anonymous said...

BARF!

Anonymous said...

BARF!