Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday: What Do You Wish For Fall?

It feels so good to get back into a routine and back on the Wishcasting Circuit. My focus has been all about getting a good grip on transitioning from summer into fall. My job goes back inside, I am back working in the schools, I work a little later which means my mornings are consistently open, which I absolutely love, especially living in the Northwest where you gotta get the sunshine when you can get it. With all that said, I am excited to be back and I am very excited to participate in this post as fall is my all-time favorite season. 

Jamie Ridler over at Jamie Ridler Studios asks, "What do you wish for fall?" 



...implement "Sunday Shutdown." No computer, websurfing, or e-mail.
...cook, bake, and experiment in my kitchen.
...transitioning over my garden from summer crops to fall crops.
...sleeping with the windows open just enough to feel chilly yet cozy.
...taking the time to rest and read daily.
...getting lots of good sleep and exercise (Crossfit) so I keep my immune system strong.
...hanging out with friends on fall evenings.
...hot drinks. 
...dog walks around the lake.
...wearing my favorite fleece and jeans down at the farmers market while sipping on some chai.
...eating pies, chile, and roasted veggies.
...cuddling with my partner while watching a movie.
...playing with pumpkins, visiting pumpkin patches, making/eating pumpkin muffins.





6 comments:

ceannesjourney said...

This post just makes me sigh with contentment!

As Jen wishes for herself, I wish for her as well!

Camilla said...

Wonderful wishes, especially "Sunday Shutdown!"

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Oh, I love the concept of Sunday Shut Down! Sometimes I do that because I am so busy but never consciously. I need to try it!!!

Your post feels so rejuvenating.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also....

Kate's Healthy Home said...

Sunday shutdown is a GREAT idea! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

" M " said...

Sunday shutdown sounds awesome! Maybe you can use sunday shutdown to take sometime for yourself,for my FREE e-course called the TRavellin' art journal series , it will be fun,jus head over to my blog and subscribe!I hope to see ya there! : )
It starts Oct 1st.

As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also! : )

Melina said...

Jeans and Fleece, yes. Yes yes.

Dog walks in discovery park: http://www.thewildercoast.com/2011/09/early-afternoons.html

Even in the mist and rain.

Hot black tea in the mornings at my desk.

Your life is so gorgeous, Jen.

xo
Melina