Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday: What Do You Wish To Make Time For?



Oh time. Time, time, time. I am always wishing there was more of it, bitching about how there isn't enough of it, and always watching it fly by. I know myself to be a slave to the clock at times, especially working with tiny humans in a fast paced after-school environment. On the other end of the spectrum, sometimes I notice myself listening to the natural rhythms of the days, and I have the ability to focus on one thing at a time.


Jamie Ridler over at Jamie Ridler Studios poses the following Wishcasting Wednesday Prompt: What Do You Wish To Make More Time For?

The list is endless for me. There is always something I want to be doing/learning/exploring. For instance, reading. I love to read. I have so many articles, books, blogs, etc. that I want to peruse and enjoy and they just keep piling up. I also wish I had more time to write, do yoga, meditate, be creative, travel, and spend time in nature.

The best thing about the above is that I am already doing all those things, its more a matter of making them a priority and not letting them go, which I know to be the case for me. I read a leadership article a long time ago about time management and how perhaps balance is just a myth. What happens is that if we are truly living in the present moment in each and every day, we can put our full, 100% heart and soul into "that thing" we are doing, and not worry about whether or not we will have time for the rest. We can move into things and experiences with this heightened sense of "flow," or living in the "zone," as one might say.

For me, it's also about structure with flexibility. By having a structure in place to manage my time, (i.e. planner) I can physically see what's happening and also be flexible with things at the same time. For instance, I try to get 3 crossfit workouts in per week, but things happen, my body isn't always feeling super great, and I adjust without being self-sabotaging. The Man is really good about holding me accountable in this realm: Be gentle. He always says that. It reminds me that I am a human being with feelings, emotions, and a physical body I must take care of. I am not a machine and I don't have to chain myself to the clock.


1 comment:

Tanja @ Crystal Clarity said...

Beautifully expressive post, Jen - I too wished in my wishcasting post to make more time to structure and prioritise my life so that I end up doing more of the things that feed me (and getting more of what needs to be done done!)

I love that you recognise that you're already doing the things you want, but that you need to prioritise them - may you make the time you need to do so.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!