Monday, December 26, 2011

homecoming & goals


In the beginning of November, my dad and I were working tirelessly to track me down a cheap flight home to Maine. For a few weeks straight, we collaborated via phone, e-mail, and text message and finally settled on an Expedia ticket that brought me home Christmas day.

The weeks leading up to my visit mirrored a twisty, curvy, up and down rollercoaster at Six flags. Life was busy and on top of life was the Holidays, getting ready for my trip, and tying up loose ends on multiple projects.  The Man and I were living at what felt like the speed of light. Coming and going, rushing around, getting little sleep, and neglecting things like dusting and dishes. My lesson in all of that craziness was that at some point, you just have to throw your hands up and surrender to the divine, knowing that in the end, everything will take care of itself.

I sit here in my parents house on the living room floor and admire the beautiful New England Christmas tree. I am cuddling up with a cup of tea and a plate of cookies and laughing with my parents. Pure bliss.
When I arrived on Christmas day, I was a very lucky gal. My flights were on time, there was snow falling from the air, and on my way up the turnpike I closed my eyes, took a full breath, and smiled as I immediately fell into the space of vacation amazingness.

When I come home, I truly can relax. I can let go. Turn off and tune in to what brings me joy: meals with my family, laughter, board games, crisp air, snow, and cookies and coffee. As I said before, true bliss. We went and visited some family friends up at Sugarloaf, a famous Maine ski area and nestled into their camp. Eating, sleeping, laughing, and walks outside comprised the last two days.

Coming home is such an amazing experience. There are memories, tears, smiles, and laughter. Love fills the rooms. Everybody gets back in sync. This trip is exactly what I have been needing.


It is almost the end of 2011 and I have not reached my goal of 100 blog posts by the years end. Part of me is sad, for sure. I loved the goal because it was specific, measurable and realistic. The other part of me is eager, because I am going to shoot for 150 posts in 2012: 3 posts/week.Yikes!


While I am here, I am doing some major visioning for 2012 regarding goals, personal values, and dreams. I am putting together my 2012 Manifesto: The Year of Alignment & Letting Go. I am looking forward to sharing this on my blog in the new year.

Here is to champagne, goal setting, and bringing in a magical and wishful New Year! Cheers!








No comments: