Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012: the 8 powerful pillars: part 1


Happy New Year! Here we are at the beginning again. A blank canvas with the possibility of anything and everything. What better way to start than writing a post on the first day of the New Year? The day has been really good: We woke up early and drive down to the airport to drop my brother and his girlfriend off to fly back to North Carolina. Giving my brother that last hug and seeing him go made me sad, yet we enjoyed our time together in Maine. Lots of laughing, game playing, and relaxing with the folks. I am so grateful that we are so close.

My parents and I came back home, took a yummy nap, then went to breakfast at Silvas, a cute little joint in Auburn where hot coffee and delicious french toast warmed my soul. Then, I helped put away Christmas. Packing up the ornaments, wrapping up the lights, and taking down the garland was bittersweet. The holidays bring so much joy, company, hugs, and conversation. This time of year is magical because of miraculous celebration: there is so much to celebrate. The key is not to lose that sense of magic as we embark on our journey into the New Year.

In my last post, I talked about my 2011 goals and where I ended up. In the middle of playing a board game last night, somebody jokingly remarked that its "always about the journey, not the destination." Timeless advice, but it's good to have an idea of where you want to go, where you want to grow, where you want to transform, and make a difference in your own life as well as others. For 2011, my word of the year was Sparkle.

My theme for 2012: Alignment and Letting Go. With that said, those words came from a place of coming into my own with my personal values around Vitality, Intention, Growth, and Abundance. VIGA! The past year, I started to become more intentional about how I have chosen to live my life, what and who I engage with, and how to live powerfully in every area. On my trip out to Maine, I penned in my journal lots of ways to live powerfully and align my life to relevant areas. The byproduct: My 8 Powerful Pillars.


My 8 Powerful Pillars
1. Jen Love (Self Care, ME Time, Personal Check-Ins)
2. Super Goddess (Health & Well-Being)
3. My Tribe (Relationships, Family, Friends, Community)
4. Succulent Spirit (Spiritual Practice, Connecting with the Divine)
5. Amazing Abundance (Financial Health & Security)
6. Blissful Livelihood (Work/Life Balance, Professional Development)
7. Write On! (Writing & Creativity)
8. Sacred Space (Creating Peace & Beauty in Home & Garden)


The 8 Powerful Pillars are the 8 areas of my life that I engage with on a daily basis. It took lots of brainstorming, list making, doodling, reading, reworking, reforming, and re-visioning to finalize my 8 pillars.

What's cool about using this kind of structure for myself is that everything I encounter/do/create/have to deal with in my own life falls into one of these pillars. For the next 8 weeks, I will be doing a specific post about each of the pillars, including action planning, resources & tools that align with the pillar as well as talk about my own journey within the specific pillars.

This is something very new for me, but I AM SUPER EXCITED to share this journey with you. I hope you join me for what will be a wild ride in self-discovery and personal growth. Grab a hot cuppa tea, settle in, and start visioning for all the possibilities that lie ahead.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Kaity J said...

You are so inspiring! Great post, look forward to hearing how it goes! Love ya~ Kaity J