Well, I have been sick for the past week. Yuck! I contracted "the crud," and it has been in my lungs, head, nose, and chest for the past 7 days and it is not fun. Getting sick is the absolute worst. It sucks because I try to do everything I possibly can in order to prevent sickness from taking over: getting sleep, washing my hands, eating my veggies, staying active...but sometimes, it just happens. I hate getting sick because it puts you behind. You feel blah and life is blah. You have no desire to do a damn thing and you feel like your pathetic.
In terms of my actions for the month in the pillar of Supergoddess, I have 5 Key Actions that I am implementing:
1. Hit the gym on a regular schedule: Since I got sick, this has been on hold, but I did get a NEW 30# kettlebell for my crossfit workouts, compliments of my brotha. :)
2. Eat a good breakfast. Everyday. Plain and simple. (This prevents Frankenbear from showing up at work).
3. Schedule a massage. Get 1 a month. Plain and simple.
4. Get outside and plan some nature dates. Go hug a tree. Being in nature for me is like going to church for others: when I do it, I feel cleansed.
5. Research and book an appointment with a Naturopath in the area. The last Naturopath I saw was literally a miracle worker and she moved away. :( <---Sad Face. I love the model of Naturopathy and need to get in the groove again.
Some of my Fave Resources for living like a Supergoddess/Supergod:
- Crossfit: http://www.crossfit.com/
- CrazySexyLife & Kris Carr: http://crazysexylife.com/
- Instead of joining a gym, join the Y: www.seattleymca.org/
- What is Naturopathic Care?
- Breakfast: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/healthy-meals/breakfast-to-go-10000001047596/index.html
- Not sleeping? http://www.yogajournal.com/health/2541