Monday, January 16, 2012

maine revisited

When I moved out west after I graduated High School in 2003, it didn't take me long to miss the comforts of home; delicious Sunday dinners, time with family, space to spread out, and just the small morsels of home. On my recent trip back to Maine, I was intentionally enjoying the amazingness of being with family, friends, and enjoying those small morsels that go with the magic of being home. After being back now for almost 2 weeks, I started looking through my photos and chose to "revisit my visit" with a photo post.

I love this house. This is about a block from my front door and it yells, "Maine!" What a great way to display the culture of Maine. For those of you who may not know what this is, it is a pyramid of Lobster Traps decorated with lights. I heart anything Lobster.

One of the highlights of my trip home was that my parents surprised my brother and me with the announcement that they have purchased property up at Sugarloaf, a ski area in Maine. Our property is off the mountain and tucked away in a great area. We are very excited to be part of this project and work as a family to create a home away from home. Yay!


  Winter walks, cold weather, time spent in the woods, reflecting, and breathing space are just a few of the things that I enjoyed. Time spent away reflecting allows us to come back refreshed. 



Time spent in New England = Dunkin Donuts. Mmmm....Mint hot chocolate on my way down to Portland for a shopping trip with my Nana. 

Celebration. Lots of celebration. Between Christmas, New Year's and my Nana's Birthday, there was so much joy, laughing, and delicious sweets. When we celebrate, we come together. 

Oh, the food. Endless amounts of delicious food. Growing up with an Italian mother who can cook like nobody's business made me feel spoiled in that good way. A big Italian dinner of stuffed shells was exactly what time home is all about. 

No comments: