Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wishcasting Wednesday: What Do You Wish To Reclaim?

On this fantastic Wednesday, Jamie asks, "What Do You Wish To Reclaim?"
When I think of the word "Reclaim," I was a bit puzzled. I actually had to google it. Reclaim: retrieve or recover (something previously lost, given, or paid). What comes to mind is the days of pioneering where folks "reclaimed their land." Take back what's yours! It sounds a bit selfish. But, I asked myself, is selfish always bad? I think not. 

For me personally, this is a perfect prompt for the New Year because we get that chance to start fresh and make a masterpiece out of a blank canvas. Reclaiming our health, our dreams, our goals, and our time becomes the focus and sits center stage for us to work with day in and day out.


What I wish to reclaim and what I am currently reclaiming as we speak...
...my daily meditation practice. Even 10 minutes in the morning is making a huge impact on my life.
...my self care strategies (creating Jen time, pockets of silence, journaling, and tea sipping)
...my time and where I spend it.
...healthy living (exercise and nutritious meals).
...my relationships with those near and far.
...my writing. Nurturing my creative spirit, honoring my craft, and developing my voice as a writer.
...my sense of adventure. Getting outside in nature, hiking, climbing, and playing.


24 comments:

Tanja @ Crystal Clarity said...

Awesome things to reclaim, Jen!

With all the wonderful self-care and balancing habits that you're reclaiming, you're going to absolutely be the most amazing you you can be in 2012.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!

Blessings - TANJA

April Cole said...

Such lovely self wishing... *hugs*
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.
Happy New Year!! :]

Dominee said...

I think I need to take a page out of your book.
Lovely things to reclaim!
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

Karina said...

Great wishes! What good ways to nurture your self and your spirit. You're off to an amazing start! I love the New Year too : ). Everything is possible!

Hugs, Karina

Cindi Summerlin said...

So true... and something we all need. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

Very nice wish. Linking it to a new year. As Jen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Tao said...

As Jen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Good luck with your writing!
Tao

Amy said...

Wonderful wish. As you wish so I wish for you!

TrishaTrixie said...

AS you wish for yourself I wish for you also

Tery Lynne said...

Great wishes! As you wish for your self I I wish for you, too!

Julie Jordan Scott said...

Lovely, lovely wishes. So truthful... and we are totally on the same wavelength!

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

erinrichardson said...

A lovely wish list, I'm sure it will all unfold beautifully due to the meditation - as you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you as well.

Kate a.k.a. The Secret Goddess said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well <3

Keepapi Creative said...

As you wish for yourself, I wish for you too! May you reclaim it all! x

suzilynn said...

As you wish for yourself, I also wish for you!

You can do it!

Dryalantha said...

As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

Sam said...

What a wonderful list to reclaim for the New Year! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!

Ellen said...

Meditation and adventure...these certainly resonate with me as well! As Jen wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Jill said...

As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

tiatuenge said...

What a wonderful thing to reclaim.
As you wish for yourself, I too wish for you.

Stephanie (dancingwaves) said...

Lovely!

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you.

karmacoy said...

What a lovely post and a very admirable list of items to reclaim! What Jen wishes for, I wish for her as well. I have confidence that you have the ability to reclaim all this!

Heather K Ross said...

Beautiful post!

Creative Spirit said...

I wish for you as you so wish for yourself. We all need to connect back to what we might have lost or even perhaps not used in the way we desire. As a person that cares for others it is so important that you also care for you. Joy