Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wishcasting Wednesday: What wish do you hear?


It's Wishcasting Wednesday over at Jamie Ridler Studios. 
The prompt today: If you listen closely, what wish do you hear?

Today is a snow day in Seattle. A white blanket covers everything outside and I walked to the grocery store this morning to grab a few items to make a yummy breakfast casserole. As I was walking on the snow covered streets, there was a moment of complete silence, minus my own breath. When we move everything out of the way and listen, a funny thing happens. Things start to open up, settle, and make sense.

The wish I hear when I listen closely is to treat all aspects of my self (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social) with the utmost reverence possible which includes radical self-care, aligning my actions with my values, and letting go of the things that don't quite make the cut in nourishing me.

My 8 Pillars Project is a manifestation of this wish: coming into my own, and owning all aspects of my life.

Happy wishing!

7 comments:

April Cole said...

Oh yes... self- awareness!
Such a wonderful wish :]
As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.
((hugs))

Cindi said...

I'm seeing a trend today in everyone's wishes... we all wish to be heard even more than what we wish to hear. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

Mare/TommyGirl said...

Such a gorgeous photo and wonderful post. as you wish for yourself, so I truly wish for you also.

Karina said...

I love your wish and snow sounds lovely. You just made me remember how sounds just disappear when there is snow. Thank you! I grew up in Sweden but now live in the South of France. No snow so far... As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you.

Jill said...

I live in Colorado, where we get snow a bit more than you, and my favorite thing is how quiet everything gets. Although, having spent 30 years of my life in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, I know that the sound of rain has its own appeal. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

Dominee said...

I love your wish! Here's to radical self love!
As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

Kim nixon said...

Love winter walks for clarity and silence. It helps clear the path.

As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you!