Sunday, February 12, 2012

the 8 powerful pillars: part 4: succulent spirit


I really like the Yogi Tea. The Yogi Tea puts little quotes on their teabags and gives you a little spiritual juice whether you are starting your day in the rainy city of Seattle or cuddling up with your love in the evening. Those little quotes bring a smile to my face. About 2 weeks ago, I was making some tea and I looked at my little tag and it said, "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience." Huh. True dat. I am a firm believer in what I believe in, if that makes any sense. And honestly, I am not sure I can be super specific about what I believe in.

To write about the 3rd Pillar of Succulent Spirit has me a bit stumped. I meditate. I do yoga. I journal. I contemplate. I ask big questions to the divine. I pray for parking spots. I have come into contact with people with not so great ethics and morals. I think people are inherently good. I feel like we should make more love and less war. But to say that I have this profound connection with my own spirituality? I tend to not think so. Especially when I am standing in the middle of my kitchen in tears because I ran out of gas money again or am arguing about when I said I was going to be home. Hmmmm.


I do know that I live by a few simple precepts:

1. The golden rule: treat others as you would want to be treated (Karma, Karma, Karma).
2. I feel and think that I am constantly evolving and changing, yet the core of who I am will remain the same.
3. What you put out there (hard work, love, abundance, gratitude) will always come back.
4. Spending time in nature, on my yoga mat, and in nature lets me sort my shit out. Period.

In my own spiritual goals for 2012, I do know that I wanted to tackle a few things:
-Meditate in the morning. 10 minutes. I am getting my ass on my meditation cushion about 3 times a week. It's hard. It's not fun. But it's the best teacher in the world. All the gurus are right in the fact that when you sit with your junk, it just becomes junk and you can let it go.

-My yoga is my savior. Sounds stupid, but so true. My body and brain have this crazy Luke Skywalker force when I am doing my yoga. The Man and I started taking yoga together again and that has been nice. I am getting to about 3 classes/week. My hips are opening up again and my lower back is pain free after months of repetitive stress.

-Be conscious of my own energy. Not woo woo energy, but the basics of energy. I have 24 hours each day. I sleep about 8-9 hours a night, work 40 hours/week, spend about 20 hours a week eating meals, blah, blah blah. I have to be conscious about where I put my time: spending mindless hours on the web or watching hulu or cooking a fabtastic meal for your partner...hmmm.



No comments: