Saturday, April 21, 2012

settling in after transition

Wow. It's been way too long. Yet, I am at peace with my choice of not writing for almost 2 months. What have I been up to? Well, where do I start...

1. New Job. I left the YMCA at the end of March and started a new position at Washington C.A.S.H. (Community Alliance for Self-Help). They specialize in providing aspiring entrepreneurs the resources, technology, and training they need as well as micro-capital to start and run small businesses. I am in love with my new job and the past 3 weeks have been a whirlwind of learning the ins and outs of my new position as their Volunteer Coordinator & Office Manager. I'm in luv.

2. Grief. My grandma passed away at the end of April. This was another area where I experienced turbulent emotions, yet remained at peace, knowing I was able to say my goodbyes when I visited her at the beginning of March for her 90th brithday.

3. Fresh starts & new beginnings. In my life, with my health, with my finances, and my relationship. I have been spending a lot of time doing the real work around my personal life-getting things into balance, living with unmatched integrity, and just doing the things that nourish me . I am getting outside in my garden again, doing spring cleaning, organizing important documents, and taking care of me.

4. Beauty & Gratefulness in the everyday. I am so incredibly grateful for everything I wake up to everyday. I smile while I drive to work and think about how the universe presents gift after gift of beauty and abundance. I have amazing people in my life, a great job, access to a beautiful city, delicious food, and ways to express my individuality and creativity. Life can't get much better.

I plan on getting back into the blogopsphere on a regular basis. I feel that the dust has settled and things are on track and quieter. Have a beautiful weekend.


1 comment:

Sam said...

I'm glad you're back! Hope all is well :)