Friday, November 2, 2012

and breathe...


Helloooooo November! Wow, it is hard to believe that we only have about 60 days left of 2012. It catapults me into "reflection & gratefulness" mode. It also pushes me to the edge of feeling a tad overwhelmed and a bit frazzled.

I sit here decompressing after a tough couple weeks: losing our dog, a root canal, and consistent rain hitting the Northwest. The political ads are aggravating, the traffic is horrible, I miss my family, and it is hard to wake up in this dark and gloomy weather in the morning and get myself going. 

Amidst all of this crud, I am pushed to breathe in immense gratitude and peace, even facing the overwhelm, the traffic, the election. I am grateful for nourishing relationships and constant support that spans the country. I am thankful for a challenging and rewarding job. The hot meals I come home to at night. Hugs and cuddling when I am feeling down. Time on my yoga mat. Time to write and laugh. 

What I realize is that it is all good. All is well. All I have to do is breathe. 

No comments: