Tuesday, April 23, 2013

in touch with gratefulness, running, and love

Wow. How a month flies by. I don't even know where to start honestly. It has been an amazing month in so many ways. I just came off a week vacation (well, staycation) with my mom as she was in Seattle for about a week. The week was all about rest, restore, and relaxation. A trip to the Hot Springs over on the Olympic Peninsula followed by shopping, great meals, laughter, and a day spa trip. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

While she was here, I was so totally aware of how much I love both my parents and realized how incredibly lucky I am to be supported and embraced in my own family. I think as we get older, it becomes more and more apparent that family is what ya got. It's the one constant when everything around you is rapidly changing.

Some other happenings include enjoying my garden, getting outside more for walks, enjoying the longer days, taking breaks at work that include nature hikes, and lots and lots of productive, creative, engaging work. I am reading some great books right now, including Lynchpin & Tribes by Seth Godin and also embarking on some new fitness adventures including running outside for the first time in over a year and Zumba classes.

But most of all, what I am most present and in touch with these days is extreme amounts of gratefulness for everything that makes up my life-all of it: the dirty dishes, balancing the checkbook, sleeping in, sips of hot tea, cooking in my kitchen, the sunshine, the friends, a supportive, outstanding partner, a great job, and my health.

Like I mentioned, I went running outside for the first time in over a year. Running was a huge part of my life for so many years and I couldn't bear the pain for a long time and now in my treatment for Lyme Disease, I am feeling so much better. Today, I laced up my shoes and embarked on a great run. On that run, I thought about how my life has changed in a year. How much I have changed in just my perceptions and views on life, my spirituality, my relationship to my world. It was energizing and fascinating and emotional all at the same time.

All it really comes down to is putting one foot in front of the other and being willing to surrender and open up to the love that surrounds you. It's there, you just have to sit back and let it in.

So grateful.

No comments: