Thursday, April 16, 2015

#100daysofjensmusings- Day 11: Love


When you have a significant work commute, you get to spend a lot of time with your thoughts. I have been at my job for three years now and have slowly but surely fell in love with my commute. Yes, some days are brutal, but I would say for a good 80% of the time, I enjoy the solitude. I get a chance to call my parents (on my hands free device of course), listen to NPR for news (I don't have a TV or get the paper so it's the least I can do to keep up on current events), listen to my favorite jazz station and sip my tea in morning commute hours with the rest of the lemmings. But most of the time, I just get to reflect on whatever is going on in my life. Tonight, for example, I was thinking about all the things I just absolutely love. Like, REALLY, REALLY love. Of course, I thought about taking all those thoughts and using it in my post tonight. Here's my "love brain dump," on all the things I am totally head over heels for right now, in no particular order or priority.

Friendship. Hot coffee and tea, especially in the morning. Browsing the library, used book store, or book section of a thrift store. My creative projects: the April Love 2015 photo project & the 100 day project. The fun stuff that comes with planning a wedding. Great smelling fancy shower gel ( I just opened some stuff I got for Christmas and LOVE it). My journals and mugs. My meditation cushion and yoga mat. Skype, Gmail, Google Calendar, Evernote, and Google Drive. Family. Comfortable, soft, flowy skirts & my Dansko shoes. Orange is the New Black. Date night. The feeling of accomplishment after I finish the dishes. A morning run. Feeling part of a community. Clean sheets and clean laundry. Playing in the garden. Spring blooms. The messiness of being in love. Blogs: Courtney Carver's Be More With Less, Rowdy Kittens, Sarah Peck, Danielle LaPorte, and Zen Habits. Taking a real break to eat. An amazing day job. Taking and teaching yoga classes. Our fish tanks. Wine on the couch. Jazz. 

As I write this list, what I am tuned into is the huge amount of gratitude I have for all of it. For all pieces of my life. All the abundance. There is so much present. It's overwhelming. I love to brain dump like this because it forces us to uncover all the good, especially when the good seems so far out of reach. Last night, I came home from a Reiki treatment and broke down into tears. Something had shifted inside of me and it felt good to move the stagnation out. What resulted in my breakdown in the middle of the living room was that there became a clearing for possibility and love. Because as we all now, love is what it's all about.

No comments: