Sunday, April 12, 2015

#100daysofjensmusings- Day 7: Faith, Part 2

Ahhh...this weekend is wrapping up. Another full weekend, mixed with fun, work, travel, being outside, and good food. I feel nourished as I step into my week and today marks one week straight of writing daily posts. The #100dayproject is keeping me accountable which I totally love and am gobbling up. Feeling like I have dusted off the cobwebs of my writing and the space is coming together nicely. I have to keep reminding myself that it's not about whether the content is good or bad, or if what I say is right or wrong, or has good grammar or not. The key is simply to create. That feels good in itself. 

Very rarely do readers leave comments, so I am so very grateful for a comment that was left on yesterday's post. The comment made me re-think about my own distinction in regards to faith versus trust. How is faith really different? My answer is I have no idea. I would have to say that the majority of the time, I look for the good and expect the good in experiences and people. I stand firm in the statement that we are all just doing the best we can with what we have. Is that faith? Maybe, maybe not.

Today, I was out in the garden getting my dahlia tubers started for the heat mats indoors. It was a process as we are growing our own flowers for our wedding this summer. A big endeavor for sure. I have faith that they will all bloom beautifully, but I have no idea if they will. And can I be okay with it? Faith seems softer to me and also encompasses a softer, more surrender like feel to it and there is a bigger sea of uncertainty that is also present.

What I do know is that for me, when shit hits the fan and things are looking pretty bleak, that's when I notice myself dipping into the sea of faith. Faith makes its grand appearance, whether its in the form of a prayer, a meditation, becoming vulnerable with a loved one, all of it. I feel as though I am gathering everything I have, scooping it all up, and putting it at the feet of the universe and saying, "Here, have it all. I am turning it all over now and stepping away." With this surrendering comes a lot of freedom and freedom feels really, really good. There is such a tendency to be in a mindset of why things won't work, or why people won't change. I challenge each and every one of us to ask, "Why not?" and have a little faith. 

No comments: