Tuesday, May 19, 2015

#100daysofjensmusings- Day 44: It's Possible

I got really clear about the distinction of possibility when I participated in Landmark Education's The Landmark Forum. From that distinction and what stood out the most for me was living with the lens of what is possible. Looking at every interaction, conversation, incident, happening, and asking the question, "What is possible?" This transformed my perception on life ever since. That was 2008. Fast forward seven years later and here I am, still living it. Obviously some days are harder than others, but for the most part, I embrace this distinction at the core of my soul.

I have come off some pretty intense interpersonal work the past couple weeks. Conversations with a deep, passionate quality. Lots of stake in the matter at hand. Good, hard, emotional work and as I was driving home tonight, I was thinking about how weeks like this put the distinction into even more of a perspective. How to hold what's possible at the core foundation and be willing to surrender just a tad more in having to be right or good? 

So I thought more and more about possibility and how living this way takes something. It takes acknowledgement of the places where you have not been living in what is possible. Being aware of how fast and easy it is in life to shut down and play small. It takes being vulnerable and uncomfortable versus having resentment. It takes authentic conversations that are challenging yet they open up new worlds to step into.

The opportunity is there for all of us. Find what's possible and live in that. 

No comments: