Today, I turned 31 years old. That's a good bit of time on the planet, or at least I think so. I thought it would be fitting to share some of my favorite life lessons. Instead of having elaborate paragraphs on these lessons, I am going to attempt to capture them in one-liners.
1. Everybody is on their own path, having their own experience.
2. Don't judge.
3. Be authentic.
4. Choose discomfort over resentment.
5. Listening is different than hearing.
6. We can learn just as much from pleasure and joy as we can from despair and suffering.
7. Celebrate with champagne.
8. Express gratitude.
9. Give good hugs.
10. Learn to receive and be taken care of.
11. Open, blank, white space is essential.
12. Say a blessing before a meal, even if it's a silent one.
13. Be kind as everyone is fighting a hard battle.
14. Follow your bliss.
15. Carpe diem.
16. In relation to your body, move it or lose it.
17, Put the past in the past.
18, Look beyond what's in front of you into what is possible,
19, Find things that light you up and do more of those things.
20, Compete once in awhile as competition can be good for the soul.
21. Never pass on an opportunity to tell someone you love them.
22. Share the messy stuff because people just want permission to do it themselves.
23. Get outside and take a bath with the trees.
24. Go barefoot more.
25. When you brush your teeth, just brush your teeth.
26. Be mindful.
27. Helmets, seat belts, and protective gear were made for a reason.
28. Chop vegetables in your kitchen often.
29. Be open to listening to jazz.
30. Sit in silence daily.
31. Celebrate the day you were born.