Wednesday, May 27, 2015

#100daysofjensmusings- Day 52: Everything Comes To An End

A week away from home goes by so fast.  I always pack way too much because I am rushing around like a crazy lady the day before I leave but heading home has a completely different energy to it. There are both feelings of relaxation and restoration as well as melancholy and irritability.  The thoughts about getting back into the swing of things brings with it anxiety and some stress but I realized tonight that for a few more hours, my spiritual practice is all about staying present and immersed in the moment. So challenging, right?

So I am here, my last night before heading home sweating profusely from the heat and the humidity in a total pool of bliss. Feeling so loved, honored and acknowledged. Held in the arms of family and friends as I embark on a new adventure called marriage. Filled with good food and drink, hugs and laughter, and overflowing with gratitude. 

When I used to work in youth development work, we always told staff to quit games at their highest point in the fun factor because then, kids had something to look forward to the next time. That's what coming gome feels like. Oh so good and fun. Always so much here to look forward to...

No comments: