Thursday, May 28, 2015

#100daysofjensmusings- Day 53: The Ring

This piece was born in the LAX airport in my journal on our way back to Seattle today. A short piece, yet it captured everything I was reflecting on. 

We just returned from a week on the East Coast celebrating our engagement & upcoming adventure of marriage with friends and family. I haven't seen anybody since I got engaged so there was a lot of grabbing of my left hand to see my ring. Of course, the "ooohing" and "ahhing" was super sweet and made me blush just a bit. In each of those little interactions with the people I love, I looked at my ring and was so full of delight and happiness, but beyond that, I was full of gratitude. Deep, heartfelt gratitude that poised itself as a huge tidal wave that overcame every cell in my own damn body.

Gratitude for the work of the universe, the divine, God, Goddess, whatever you want to call it. Grateful that all the moments I had lived up until the moment The Man put one knee on the earth and asked me to be his wife and spend the rest of my life with him. It was all perfectly designed and unfolded in the most whole and complete way possible.

This past week served as a reminder to me that our love for each other has no end, symbolizing the ring. It is a never ending journey, a path that we will both continue to explore and travel, full of reciprocity, support and strength, during the peaks, and especially during the valleys. The week allowed me to fall deeper in love with The Man, in a way that I had never been really able to articulate. It was as though the work of the divine was being mixed up in a cauldron of a special love potion of sorts.

Deeper, greater, open, and expansive. The love goes round and round.

No comments: