Sunday, June 7, 2015

#100daysofjensmusings- Day 62: Done

Stick a fork in me because I am done. Cooked. Spent. Dried up.

After my early morning yoga class and a Skype date with my mom, I spent the majority of the day in the yard and garden, digging in the dirt, moving pots around, prepping the deck for summer parties.
There is something about working in the yard, under the sun that makes me feel so damn good. Working outside brings me back to growing up in Maine and working with my parents in the yard on projects. Chores before play. It was a good model, one that I still use in my own life.
Digging in the dirt is good for the soul. Like, really, really good. Sweating and lifting and moving stuff around, getting dirt under your nails and in between your toes is like a sprinkling of magic fairy dust. It reminds you that the earth is where its at. Then, there is always something to look to and you get to say, "I did that, I grew that, I made that."

After gardening, it was on to wedding invitations and excel documents for wedding stuff. I managed to grab a bite, leftover vermicelli/chicken/veggie bowl and just finished season two of House of Cards.

Days like this remind me that instead of being resentful and depleted like I used to, I choose when to kick ass and how long to go. Ye,s I have some aches and pains in my hops and back from the yard work, but I feel good...that good tired people always talk about.

Tomorrow will have more breathing room, feel less packed. Bring on the restoration and sleeping in. My head is craving the pillow. Rest calls my name. It's my reward for being in the dirt, the sun, the world.

No comments: