Wednesday, June 10, 2015

#100daysofjensmusings- Day 66: About Service

I just had a lovely evening at the SeattleMet Magazine event, Generocity. The event is about increasing philanthropy and service for non-profits in the Seattle area. It was truly inspiring. It was my second year attending and this year, I went as a guest instead of an exhibitor.

There are two things that I took away from the event:
1. Service is inspiring.
2. I couldn't be more solid on the work and livelihood I have created for myself in the non-profit sector.

I was reflecting on the fact that although I work in the non-profit sector, I sometimes get in my own way and lose sight of the bigger picture: I am here to serve and make a difference. It's who I am at my core. When I stray from that personal mission, I become resentful, empty, and unfulfilled. It's nice to get a superboost from others and drink from the same glass of that which inspires.

To celebrate this inspiring evening and carry the torch of service forward, I thought I would post some inspiring quotes, some of which were featured at the event tonight on the projected screens around the venue space.






1 comment:

Knowledge Fire said...

We attended an event here this past Sunday & had an awesome experience from beginning to end. The event space Chicago served great food and the salad I had for dinner was delicious. The service also was impeccable.