Friday, June 12, 2015

#100daysofjensmusings- Day 68: Leftovers

I was never really a leftover girl. I don't really know what it is about them, but leftovers just don't light me up. I can deal with them and believe me, with food costs they way they are, I happily pack last night's dinner for tomorrow's lunch. I may not be in love with it, but necessity outweighs desire and it's for sure easy peezy.

There are certain leftovers though that totally light me up. Thai food for starters is one. Good desserts is another winner. And then there is party food and snacks. That's the taker of the trophy. We just had a lovely outdoor happy hour on our deck this evening with our closest family and friends. I love entertaining. I love feeding people. I love seeing people having good conversations in the lawn under the sky. It all makes me super happy.

And then the night ends, the leftovers get packed up and sent away with people. I wrap up a few things and then head to bed. I think about how fun the evening was and think about all the snacks that I get to enjoy because of that evening. Eating the leftovers reminds me of the evening itself and how fun it was. I will enjoy them through the workweek and think about the evening when all my tribe came together in my yard and deck and shared in food and drink and then went on their merry ways, bellies and hearts full.

No comments: