Saturday, June 27, 2015

#100daysofjensmusings- Day 83: Gratitude

Every so often, I get a little cranky. It is usually because I have unmet expectations of how things should be or I am attached to how things already are and I don't want them to change. I had a little bit of that going on tonight. I look around my home and see project after project, a to do list growing and growing and feel a little closed in. All I want to do is sit back and sip cool drinks and read my book.
So, when I feel a little crankiness coming on, the antidote is gratitude. It always is gratitude.

I am so grateful for sunshine and neighborhood walks.
For hot coffee and french toast.
For chilled white wine on a deck at sunset.
For kisses and hugs, laughter and tears of joy.
For my garden, as it always teaches me that all of us are growing and in process.
For cool showers and comfy beds.
For quality time at the end of long days.
For mamas and papas who are doing really good work in the world, raising our future.
For clean water that comes out of the tap and lights that turn on without effort.
For beautiful friends and family who create a tribe that stands behind me every step of the way.
For time with my mom.
For Skype, cell phones, gmail, and text messaging. Because living far away from family requires these things.
For traveling and yoga, both of which shift my perspective on life daily.
For a man who stands with me as I travel and experience life.
For my books, notebooks and pens.
For my introverted nature.
For love. For love. For love.

No comments: