Monday, July 13, 2015

#100daysofjensmusings- Day 98: My 2015 Reading List

Photo from Lifehack.com
My goal this year is to read 52 books. It equals out to a book a week. I am nowhere near where I thought I would be. I am behind, yet I am being gentle. I have a lot going on and can't read during any free minute but I have gotten through some good ones this year. I thought I would share. I keep track of my reading list in Evernote.

I have always been a reader. I remember sneaking reading under my sheets at night with a flashlight & headlamp. It has always been a huge piece of my life and it continues to be. I wish I could spend days and days reading in bed, on the couch, or in the lawn chair, but until that happens, I fit it in when I can (99% of my reading is done at night before bed), and I soak it all up. I primarily read non-fiction and Buddhist studies, but every so often, I find a piece of fiction that totally lights me up. Reading is fundamental. It's a basic piece of my lifestyle nutrition. I strongly encourage it.

Goal: Read 52 Books in 2015...Here is what I have read so far...

1. Think on These Things-J. Krishnamurti
2. Thrive-Arianna Huffington
3. The Signature of All Things-Elizabeth Gilbert
4. Being with Dying-Joan Halifax
5. Making Space: creating a home meditation practice-Tich Nhat Hanh
6. Overwhelmed: Work, Love, and Play when Nobody Has the Time-Brigid Schulte
7. Long Quiet Highway-Natalie Goldberg
8. 5 Love Languages-Gary Chapman
9. Better than Before-Gretchen Rubin
10. Essentialism by Greg McKeown
11. Mindful Work-David Gelles
12. Writing Down the Bones- Natalie Goldberg
13. Carry on warrior: thoughts on living life unarmed-Glennon Melton
14. Living Beautifully with Uncertainty and Change-Pema Chodron

No comments: