Thursday, April 13, 2017

#100daysofwriting: day 10- what I read in 2016

Related image

I love to read. I love books. It's my thing. Usually, I write a post early in the year talking about what I read in the previous year. My goal is always 52. I haven't reached it yet. 2016 was a good reading year, despite being in school for my nonprofit management certificate, but I got my hands on some great stuff. This year, my reading goal is the same, 52 books. It's been a slow start, but I know I will find my rhythm. I keep a reading log in Evernote, one of my most favorite apps ever.

I closed 2016 reading 26 books, all of them fabulous, touching, and inspiring in their own ways.

Fast Facts from my 2016 reading list:
  • Smallest Category: Fiction (1 book)
  • Largest Category: Memoir (10 books)
  • 15 of the books I read were written by women
  • I read for professional development for the first time (thank you school!)
  • 19 of the books I read came from the library
Fiction
  • Fates & Furries-Lauren Groff
Professional Development
  • Leadership On the Line- Ronald Heifetz
  • The Leadership Challenge- Barry Posner and James M. Kouzes
  • Deep Work-Cal Newport
  • Originals- Adam Grant
Lifestyle & Self-Growth
  • Hands Free Life-Rachel Macy Stafford
  • Everything That Remains-The Minimalists
  • The Gratitude Diaries-Janice Kaplan
  • Essential: Essays by The Minimalists 
  • Now Go Out There and Get Curious-Mary Karr
Memoir
  • Why Not Me? -Mindy Kaling
  • Vessels-Daniel Raeburn
  • Falling-Elisa Cooper
  • My Life On the Road-Gloria Steinem
  • Bedwetter-Sarah Silverman
  • Here if You Need Me- Kate Braestrup
  • Eat Pray Love Made Me Do It-An Anthology
  • In the Body of the World - Eve Ensler
  • Love Warrior - Glennon Doyle Melton 
  • The Geography of Bliss-Eric Weiner
Spiritual Self-Study
  • Taking Our Places: The Buddhist Path to Truly Growing Up-Norman Fischer
  • Fierce Medicine-Anna Forrest
  • Let Your Life Speak-Parker Palmer
  • Becoming Wise: An Inquiry into the Mystery and Art of Living-Krista Tippett
  • The Great Spring-Natalie Goldberg
  • The Great Failure- Natalie Goldberg  

No comments: