Monday, April 17, 2017

#100daysofwriting: day 14- thoughts on challenging times

It's a crazy, crazy, crazy world we live in. The energy is palpable, some of it really inspiring, passionate, uplifting while some of it is heavy, dark, and depleting. Now more than ever, I see myself vacillating between sadness and joy, holding the paradox of so much good and so much pain & suffering. I am puzzled by this constant straddling as to how to show up as my best self, the best partner, the best friend, and the best contributor in this world.

Image result for take a stand
Photo from NeoGAF poetry corner
I notice myself more tender, more sensitive, more in tune with the suffering.
I notice myself craving more alone time, more time reflecting and engaging in quiet activities.
I notice myself drawn to more one-on-one time versus big groups.
I notice myself prioritizing self-care, good food, hydration, and outdoor time.
I notice myself a tad more emotionally sensitive, sometimes agitated, and sometimes downright pissed off.
I notice myself wishing for peace and contentment.
I notice myself wanting to be more physically active.
I notice myself ditching numbing behavior like mindless social media scrolling or endless hours of TV.
I notice that I am noticing more, cultivating a deeper self-awareness of my own needs.

There is no right or wrong way to deal with what we are dealing with. We are all just doing the best we can to navigate the tricky territory of our communities, our workplaces, our neighborhoods, and our cities. I take a stand for you so that you can show up with a little more curiosity, wonder, and ease in the days, weeks, months, and years ahead. I stand with you and for you.

No comments: