Thursday, April 20, 2017

#100daysofwritng: day 17- enough

Image result for enough

It's late. It's been a long week. I am taking the day off tomorrow for much needed rest and nourishment. I worked a lot at my computer this week so my body is cranky. I didn't get a lot of physical activity in, nor did I meditate.

But here's what I did do: I continued my writing practice. I didn't eat at my desk at all. I got out on a couple walks and worked in my garden. I enjoyed some evening unwinding with some great comedies. I continued my coffee experiment. I had lovely home yoga practice. I kept up with the dishes and didn't accumulate a huge pile of clothes. I talked with my parents. I facilitated some great meetings and finished some key work projects. I enjoyed time with a visiting friend. I enjoyed time with The Man.

Our culture is so focused on the negative. Our brains just naturally go to the place of what's wrong. We live in constant scarcity...never feeling like it's enough. So I am trying to change my brain. To focus on what is working. Focusing on what matters most. The priorities. Small wins over time. Capturing and celebrating the wins is beyond inetgral to my peace of mind and my contentment. When I see all the things I did do, it's a radical act of compassion and grace. It isn't perfect and I didn't do all the things, but it still feels so good to validate myself for what is working and what is happening.

One of my most favorite mantras is something my mom shared with me growing up.
I am enough. I do enough. I have enough.

No comments: