Friday, May 5, 2017

#100daysofwriting: day 32- insomnia

Last night was brutal. I had terrible insomnia, a bit of anxiety, and couldn't shut my brain off. Every so often, I have a night like that. I used to beat myself up for it, but then I arrived at a place of tenderness, the need to be gentle when I have rough nights, because, well, I'm human. And things don't always work out the way we want them to. I used to get super attached to what my self-care looked and felt like. I was living and practicing my self-care as though there was some gold star and when I strayed from the routine, I deserved to be punished, by myself of course. Anyway, insomnia is sucky and I am sitting here writing, craving sleep, wanting to curl up and travel to dream land, so that's what I am going to do...honor the need and taking active care of myself.

No comments: