Sunday, May 7, 2017

#100daysofwriting: day 34- sunday & my grateful note

It's almost 10pm on Sunday night and I have been going nonstop since 8am this morning. I went to spin class, came home, talked with my mom, had brunch, planned the week with the man, took a shower, ran errands, cooked a big pot of split pea soup, talked with my dad, did dishes, planted some plants in the garden along with some yard work, we prepped dinner, ate dinner, did more dishes, packed away leftovers for the week, vacuumed the house, and wrote some cards out for Mother's Day. WTF?! 

Image result for gratitude

Sundays are meant to be my unplug day, with lots of downtime, but it's all good. We have a couple busy weeks coming up which will make us MIA at our house, so it's about getting out butts in gear, finishing some nagging tasks, and then coasting this summer so we can enjoy being on our deck, sipping our fancy drinks, and chatting and laughing with friends or going on hikes, seeing concerts in the park or grilling yummy food.

At our dinner table, we try to always share our gratefuls, expressing what we're grateful for that day. It can be anything. Tonight, I shared how I am grateful for the ability to go with the flow. I didn't get everything done on my list, I didn't get a ton of downtime, I didn't make it to yoga, but I went with it, knowing that tomorrow is a new day, another start to another week with lots of space to rest and take it easy when needed. For that, I am so very grateful.

No comments: