Sunday, May 21, 2017

#100daysofwriting: day 48- the disco-ball in my head & the cave in my heart

Image result for disco ball

I just finished three days of an intensive yoga workshop on Yoga for Anxiety & Depression. It turned out to really be yoga for emotional health, and it was amazing. It's funny how the universe gets you to exactly where you need to be when you need it. In our closing meditation, we were asked to visualize a cave in our hearts, one that we could enter, one that housed an altar and provided clear access to beams of light from the center of our skull. I was picturing this hobbit-esque cozy cave with a little fire and a pot of soup which was deeply comforting. I was also picturing a rockin' disco-ball in the center of my skull, shooting out beautiful spectrum and beams of light down through my center channel and into my heart. It was mindblowing.

Now, it's the end of the weekend, time is precious. There are dishes piled in the sink, I just finished watering the garden, and don't feel super ready for the week ahead. But guess what? All of that is petty stuff. No need to create anxiety for any of that. I can breathe, recognize that I am all light and love, and move through whatever is in front of me with freedom, grace, and ease.

No comments: