Wednesday, June 7, 2017

#100daysofwriting: day 58- a week off

I took a week off from writing. Life has been feeling really full and at points, my internal brim of capacity was reaching overflow. Most of it has been really great stuff; my best friend was in town for a quick visit, I went out on a three day retreat to Whidbey Island, and things have been busy at work and in the garden. And I've been tired. Also, a little unmotivated.

Image result for cycleI recently have come across a really interesting theory about how time management is a fallacy. I do hold that belief to be true...managing our time is a myth. But managing our energy? That makes total sense. I have been diving deep into my own cycles; the seasons, my own moon cycle, the cycle of creativity, the garden, etc. What I am realizing is that no two days are exactly alike in terms of my energy. I have been loving Kate Northrup's work on this matter and it really resonates with me. So I have been doing a lot of tracking. Where I am energy wise and how I feel physically, emotionally, mentally and am starting to get some really great information.

So all in all, I have been trying to find my rhythm again while at the same time, being very gentle with myself. I am working with a lot of emotions and some days are more roller-coasty than others, but trying to maintain a deep curiosity as to how I am feeling and how I can respond skillfully and mindfully. There is more to come...including finishing up my "33 Lessons" series, but for now, I am curling up with my book and winding down to get some much needed shut-eye.

No comments: