Sunday, June 11, 2017

#100daysofwriting: day 59- lessons in turning 33 (part 8 of 11)

This post is part of my "33 Lessons on Turning 33" in which I will be sharing 33 gems, insights, and pieces of witty wisdom over 11 posts. 

Lesson #22: There is enough room and time for everyone and everything. My relationship with time used to be heavily skewed. I was a chronic, manic, rusher. Rush, rush, rush. Trying to fit everything in and living in a place where scarcity mindset trumped all. Never enough time, never enough room. Looking back on it, it is exhausting even to remember those times in my life. It took some massive upheaval in the form of emotional breakdown and physical injuries to re-calibrate and literally transform my relationship to abundance. One of my mantras for living is there is enough time and enough room for everyone and everything...that matters. In this deep transformation, I got really clear on my values, my priorities, and aligned my actions with that.

Lesson #23: Invest in a good blender. Not much to elaborate on here, but I really, really, really love my blender. Smoothies have been a staple to keeping my diet semi in check. I know that I can pack some mega nutrients and yummy greens in a glass and feel amazingly nourished. Investing in not only a good blender, but good kitchen appliances can be a catalyst for good health and sharing good food with loved ones.

Lesson #24: Set the table and sit at it. Maybe it's my Italian ancestry, but I believe that dining tables are meant for two things; food & people. Not piles of junk mail, cell phones, wallets, keys, to do lists and crap. Tables are supportive in so many ways to our mindfulness practice, our gratitude practice, our communication and connection with our loved ones, and a direct connection with what nourishes our bodies. Sitting down for meals is integral to my own life, even if it's just a piece of fruit and cheese between breakfast and getting out in the garden. Sit down, take a breath, and enjoy.



No comments: